Careers with The Focal Zone™
Veterinary Mobile Sonographer and Client Support Associate
The Focal Zone, Fueled by Sonopath
Geographic area: The Golden Horseshoe, west of Mississauga
Join a team that is revolutionizing mobile veterinary sonography. The Focal Zone (fueled by SonoPath) is passionate about offering an innovative approach to veterinary medicine and clinical ultrasound by providing the perfect blend of telemedicine, quality education, clinical support, and ultrasound equipment. We focus on highly trained staff, our own advanced diagnostic ultrasound machine- the NinjaSP, and work-life balance within our dynamic company.
Role Focus: Veterinary Mobile Sonographer
- Veterinary sonographer services to the clients of The Focal Zone includes efficient and complete ultrasound examinations and diagnostic services such as FNA/cytology, centesis procedures, and effective transfer of diagnostic data to SonoPath Telemedicine
- Monday-Friday schedule for mobile ultrasound- workday length dependent on need, workflow, traffic, and other considerations
- Ultrasound instructor for training labs at SonoPath’s New Jersey Education Center
- Clinical support to The Focal Zone and SonoPath Telemedicine clients.
What You Can Expect to Do:
- Travel within the listed geographic region to scan animals for veterinarians that need ultrasounds and potential FNA sampling for diagnosis
- Learn and instruct SonoPath’s SDEP Certification
- Work independently within a variety of clinic and hospital settings fostering relationships with doctors and staff
- Communicate and collaborate with the international SonoPath team virtually
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and pivot with changes and interruptions while maintaining attention to detail and sharp time-management skills
- Work with the ultrasound software and NinjaSP ultrasound machine, remaining current with updates
- Learn from SonoPath SDEP-certified instructors to become successful within the mobile sonographer role; SonoPath will train and provide these courses (complete training and mentorship provided within company structure).
Our Ideal Candidate:
- RVT – licensed or license eligible with passing of VTNE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a technician in a general or specialty veterinary practice
- BA/BS a plus; CRGS or CRCS welcome to apply
- Reliable vehicle required for mobile duties including proof of insurance
- Comfortable and flexible to work irregular hours, travel days, and occasional weekends
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to place confidence in your team and leaders
- Always professional, friendly, calm and confident in stressful or emergency situations
- Ability to travel for instructing at education labs at our Education Center in Andover NJ, potential on-site at hospitals, at conferences as an exhibitor, etc. as required (travel, meals, and lodging costs paid for by SonoPath)
- Enjoys variety, problem-solving, and sharing knowledge with diverse personalities and within a range of settings
Who We Are:
The Focal Zone emphasizes optimizing diagnostic efficiency with ultrasound services while also taking into account the valuable time of medical professionals and support staff within each veterinary hospital.
Check out our website and https://thefocalzone.com/ to learn more.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, CV, and proof of licensure to
Donna Denny firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane McFadden email@example.com
Any questions about the position or The Focal Zone, contact Kelly at Kelly@thefocalzone.com
Salary and benefits dependent on experience and will be discussed in the formal interview process.